If you’ve been looking for a guaranteed way to improve your business’ performance, possibly dramatically, you haven’t been searching in vain. It’s certainly possible to take your business from a good, solid performing business to one achieving great results. You just need to know how and maybe get a little help. On the other hand, if you’re really kicking the big business goals, then congratulations and very well done! No need to read any further.
And if you haven’t been getting the kind of results you were hoping for, it may be small comfort but you’re not alone. In fact, according to the Small and Medium Enterprise Association of Australia, approximately 80% of SMEs fail within five years. Of the 20% that don’t fail, only half of them are operating at anywhere near their full potential. What a big waste of economic opportunity and personal endeavour!
But the BIG question is what about you? Where does your business fit into the picture?
For businesses that are under-performing, it’s almost never a case of low ambition, poor work ethic, or substandard products and services. Usually business owners like yourself focus fiercely on providing high quality products and services – and why wouldn’t you? That’s exactly why you started your business in the first place. But successful business requires a lot more than simply being good at your core skill. You really need to operate your business with the same professional rigour that you maintain in your core profession.
Now I’m not trying to make you feel bad about your business or feel like you should have known better. The reality is, none of us were taught Business 101 for SMEs in school, yet there are some real skills that any entrepreneur needs to master to become a sustainable winner – and it may be easier than you think.
Assess Your Business Potential
We at Marketing Professionals Australia (MPA) are a team of experienced and successful business and marketing consultants, equipped to help you get real results.
Firstly, when we assess a business, we start with a simple three question test that helps us determine quickly where you stand:
- Who’s the boss? Does it say so on your business card and website? (e.g. Managing Director or CEO instead of Principal, Medical Practitioner, Chief Architect, Certified Financial Advisor, etc.) And do you actually manage the business? Are you seen to be the boss by everyone you deal with?
- Are you the main product? Does success all depend on you? What happens if you’re not there?
- Do you have a written business plan? If so, do you follow it?
If you’ve been honest with yourself and realised by your answers that there is room for improvement perhaps you should consider seeking help, so you can gain the tools, processes, assistance and encouragement you will need to make it happen.
Of course, there’s a good deal more to analysing business performance than those three questions; in fact it would be our normal practice to start any assignment with an in-depth review of your business as a starting point before devising a clear plan of action to improve your results.
Increase the Value of Your Business – With Our Help
With MPA to guide and work with you, you can find out what big businesses do to succeed – and reap the same benefits as they do. Through our experience of running businesses, both large and small, and helping our business clients, we have learned how to:
- Get you started on the right path towards success.
- Maximise your business profits.
- Create the maximum asset value in your business, so you get a big pay day when you sell it.
- Put you in the top 20% of performers in your business niche.
- Give you more control in your business, and thus more control in your life.
- Free you from day- to-day operations, while still delivering value you can be proud of.
- Make your business red-hot attractive to serious investors.
- Actually get the business ready for sale – even if you want to hold on to it for the time being.
And we can share these lessons with you. If any of these points sound like something you could use a little help with, call us to arrange a preliminary chat to see if this is the right course of action for you. Then you may be willing to invite us to work with you so, together, we can uncover the full potential of your business. If you can take this step, we guarantee your success, because we know that with our advice and tools, you can find hidden value and opportunity in your business. Let us help you find it.
That way we can take your business from good to great, together.
Contact us and take the first step now towards unlocking the full potential of your business.